The Department of Athletics has adopted the following procedures with respect to agents. Our goal is to comply with all NCAA, Atlantic 10, and CAA rules regarding agents, while helping our elite student-athletes realize their professional athletics goals.
All prospective agents must complete the Agent Registration Form prior to contacting a Richmond student-athlete and return the form to the Athletics Compliance Office at the address listed below. The agent will receive an email confirming receipt of the completed form.
The Department of Athletics asks that any written correspondence from a prospective agent (or his/her representative) to a Richmond student-athlete be addressed to the Athletics Compliance Office “care of” the student-athlete. Once received, a copy of the correspondence will be kept on-file in the Athletics Compliance Office and all original copies of the correspondence will be delivered to the respective Head Coach for delivery to the student-athlete.
The Department of Athletics asks that all meetings between a prospective agent and a Richmond student-athlete be coordinated and scheduled through the respective Head Coach.
In submitting the Agent Registration Form, the prospective agent promises to:
• Comply with the Department of Athletics Agent Policy
• Disclose all information regarding his/her qualifications to serve as an agent, including educational background, special training, negotiations experience, current and former clients, and professional association memberships
• Maintain the highest degree of integrity and competence in negotiating with professional sports teams and clubs
• Become and remain sufficiently educated in the areas of professional sports structure and economics, applicable collective bargaining agreements, and negotiation techniques
• Disclose all relationships with professional sports teams
• Comply with all applicable state and Federal laws
• Comply with all applicable NCAA, Atlantic 10, and CAA rules and regulations
Forms & Correspondence
Please direct completed Agent Registration Forms and all correspondence for Richmond student-athletes to:
Athletics Compliance Office
University of Richmond
28 Westhampton Way
Richmond, VA 23173
(804) 287-1919 (fax)
Thank you for your cooperation!
Agent Information for Parents