The University of Richmond, Va. - The Spiders defeated Norfolk State University on Friday, 6-1.
In doubles play, Ethan Dunbar partnered with Paul Nahon III to defeat their opponents, 8-2. Sebastien Fauchet and Dylan Schrode clinched the doubles point by winning at No. 3 singles, 8-6.
The Spiders had an equally productive day in singles play. Red-shirt freshman Ethan Dunbar ended Arsenio Culver's 10-match win streak with a 7-6, 6-0, 10-6 victory in the No. 1 singles position.
Junior Jesse Feder added another point to the board by downing Igor Braga, 6-0, 6-3 while freshman Paul Nahon III improved his singles record to 14-3 by defeating Daniel Grauel, 7-4, 6-4. Junior Aaron Wicker tallied a point for the Spiders with a 6-3, 6-0 win over Kent Austin. Freshman Dylan Trent brought down Roosevelt Cooper, 6-1, 6-3.
The Spiders return to action at home on Saturday against James Madison.
Richmond 6, Norfolk State 1
1. Marks/Culver (NSU) def. Wicker/Trent (UR), 7-3
2. Dunbar/Nahon (UR) def. Romanzini/Austin (NSU), 8-2
3. Fauchet/Schrode (UR) def. Braga/Mourillon-Swift (NSU), 8-6
1. Ethan Dunbar (UR) def. Arsenio Culver (NSU) 7-6, 6-0, 10-6
2. Ben Marks (NSU) def. Sebastien Fauchet (UR), 7-5, 6-1
3. Jesse Feder (UR) def. Igor Braga (NSU), 6-0, 6-3
4. Paul Nahon III (UR) def. Daniel Grauel (NSU), 7-4, 6-4
5. Aaron Wicker (UR) def. Kent Austin (NSU), 6-3, 6-0
6. Dylan Trent (UR) def. Roosevelt Cooper (NSU), 6-1, 6-3