UNIVERSITY OF RICHMOND, Va. - The men's tennis team dropped a 4-3 decision to the Pirates of East Carolina University on Sunday.
After dropping the double's point, the Spiders rallied to capture three singles' points. Junior Sebastien Fauchet secured a point for the Spiders by defeating his opponent 3-6, 7-8(2), and 6-2. Continuing the Spiders' rally, junior Aaron Wicker defeated the Pirate's Nicolas Soriano 6-2, 6-4. Freshman Paul Nahon III downed John Schmitt 6-4, 6-3.
The Spiders return to action on Wednesday in Annapolis against Navy.
East Carolina University 4, Richmond 3
1. Vliegen/Cleeren (ECU) def. Wicker/Trent (UR) 8-4
2. Soriano/Brenard (ECU) vs. Dunbar/ Nahon III (UR) unfinished
3. Schmitt/Wolterbeek (ECU) def. Fauchet/Arana (UR) 8-3
1. Joran Vliegen (ECU) def. Ethan Dunbar (UR)6-4, 6-4
2. Sebastien Fauchet (UR) def. Niels Cleeren (ECU) 3-6, 7-8(2), 6-2
3. Aaron Wicker (UR) def. Nicolas Soriano (ECU) 6-2, 6-4
4. Paul Nahon III (UR) def. John Schmitt (ECU) 6-4, 6-3
5. Damien Brenard (ECU) def. Dylan Trent (UR) 7-5, 6-3
6. Mario Martinez (ECU) def. Justin Baker (UR) 6-2, 6-4