Postgame Notes: ODU 45, Richmond 37
- Saturday's game marked the 11th sellout in Robins Stadium history. The sellout is the second this season and seventh in a row.
- Richmond moved to 3-2 on the year, 1-1 in CAA action.
- ODU improved to 2-0 all-time against the Spiders.
- Richmond's 94-yard fourth-quarter scoring drive was the longest of the season.
- Richmond has scored over 30 points in four consecutive games.
- Richmond is 40-5 since 2005 when scoring 30 or more points. (3-1 in 2012).
- Junior DB Wayne Pettus recorded his first career interception stopping ODU's first drive of the game.
- Junior WR Ben Edwards caught his second touchdown this season in the first-quarter off a 39-yard John Laub pass.
- Edwards ended his day with career-highs in catches (11) and receiving yards (182) and tied his career-high for receptions in a game. Tonight's game marked Edwards' second-career 100-yard receiving game. His first occurred two weeks ago at VMI.
- Edwards also had 25 return yards, for a total of 207 all-purpose yards, which marked a career-high.
- Edwards' 182 receiving yards were the most by a Spider since Tre Gray had 194 yards against New Hampshire Sept. 24, 2011
- Laub went 27-of-44 with 339 yards, two touchdowns and one interception setting career-highs in completions and passing yards. Laub surpassed the 300-yard passing mark for the first time in his career.
- Laub's 339 total yards were the most by a Spider since Aaron Corp threw for 301 yards against Maine Oct. 22, 2011.
- Laub rushed for 24 yards and had one touchdown run in the fourth quarter.
- Senior FB Kendall Gaskins reeled in a career-high five receptions.
- Redshirt senior TE Kevin Finney caught his second touchdown of the season off a 1 yd pass from Laub.
- Senior K Remington Hinshaw connected on a career-high 38-yd field goal in the third quarter
- Redshirt senior DB Doug Howell had an interception and returned it for 22 yards for a touchdown in the fourth quarter. That was the second pick six of the season for Richmond.
- The Howell interception was his third in two games and the return for touchdown was the first of his career
- Redshirt junior RB Jovan Smith had his third rushing touchdown of the season
- Redshirt sophomore WR Stephen Barnette had five receptions, tying his career-high
- Sophomore WR Rashad Ponder reeled in 22 receiving yards, including a 13-yard reception, both career-highs.
- Sophomore DB Aaron Roane had two tackles for lass, a career-high.
- Redshirt sophomore DL Evan Kelly and redshirt junior DL Jacob Pierce had three tackles for loss, respectively, marking a career-high for the linemen.
- Howell and sophomore LB Eric Wright each recorded nine tackles, marking a career-high for Howell and tying a personal-best for Wright.