Cincinnati, Ohio- The Spiders fell to No. 2 seeded Xavier, 4-0 in the Atlantic 10 Semifinals on Saturday. Xavier won at the Queen City Racquet Club after rainy weather forced the semifinals inside.
The Spiders dropped the doubles point with Sebastien Fauchet and Jesse Feder suffering an 8-2 loss. Ethan Dunbar and Paul Nahon III tried to rally but fell to their opponents 8-5.
The Musketeers continued to shut out the Spiders during singles play as Ethan Dunbar was downed by Jimmy Roebker 6-1, 6-3 in No. 1 singles. Xavier's Brand MacDonald earned a pair of 6-2 victories over Aaron Wicker while Dylan Trent fell 6-1, 6-3.
The Spiders conclude their season with an overall record of 12-10, standing 3-2 in Atlantic 10 competitions.
Xavier 4, Richmond 0
1. Mei/Roebker (XU) def. Fauchet/Feder (UR) 8-2
2. Canelas/Pretorius (XU) vs. Wicker/Trent (UR) 5-5 unfinished
3. Diaz/Moe (XU) def. Dunbar/Nahon (UR) 8-5
1. Jimmy Roebker (XU) def. Ethan Dunbar (UR) 6-1, 6-3
2. Mesa Mei (XU) vs. Sebastien Fauchet (UR) 3-6, 5-3 unfinished
3. Richard Canelas (XU) vs. Jesse Feder (UR) 7-6(6), 1-1 unfinished
4. Brandon MacDonald (XU) def. Aaron Wicker (UR) 6-2, 6-2
5. Michael Moe (XU) vs. Paul Nahon (UR) 5-7, 1-3 unfinished
6. Marc Pretorius (XU) def. Dylan Trent (UR) 6-1, 6-3