DAVIDSON, N.C.- The men's tennis team split a pair of matches on Saturday, winning 7-0 over Brevard College but falling 4-1 to Davidson.
"It was a tough day. Davidson came ready to play and we struggled on a few big points. It was a close match and we nearly had it," said head coach Ben Johnson. "We are looking forward to our next match against Greensboro."
In doubles against Davidson, Jesse Feder and Paul Nahon III fell in a hard fought 8-7 battle at the No. 1 position. Ethan Dunbar and Sebastien Fauchet defeated Nicky Kunz and Robert Lightbourn 8-3 at the No. 3 position.
Nahon came out with the Spider's only singles point with a 6-3, 6-2 victory over Chris Mack.
The Spiders swept Brevard 6-0 in the second match of the day. Fauchet teamed up with Feder for an 8-3 win over Johannes Kloster and George Finch. Aaron Wicker and Dylan Trent blanked Brevard's David Taggart and Stefano Giovanolli 8-0 at the No. 2 position.
In singles play, Dunbar, Nahon, Trent, and Wicker each shut out their opponents, 6-0, 6-0. Jesse Feder defeated David Taggart 6-1, 6-1 at the No. 2 position.
The Spiders travel to Greensboro to face a tough UNC-Greensboro team on Sunday.
Davidson 4, Richmond 1
1. C. Mark/K. Moore (DAV) def. J. Feder/P. Nahon III (RICH) 8-7
2. J. Schafer/E. Kallick (DAV) def. D. Trent/A. Wicker (RICH) 8-4
3. E. Dunbar/S. Fauchet (RICH) def. N. Kunz/R. Lightbourn (DAV) 8-3
1. Nicky Kunz (DAV) def. Ethan Dunbar (RICH) 6-7, 6-4, 6-4
2. Joe Schafer (DAV) def. Jesse Feder (RICH) 6-3, 6-4
3. Paul Nahon III (RICH) def. Chris Mark (DAV) 6-3, 6-2
4. Robert Lightbourn (DAV) def. Dylan Trent (RICH) 5-7, 6-2, 6-0
5. Sebastien Fauchet (RICH) vs. Connor Evins (DAV) no result
6. Aaron Wicker (RICH) vs. Alex Howard (DAV) no result
Richmond 7, Brevard 0
1. S. Fauchet/J. Feder (RICH) def J. Kloster/G. Finch (BRE) 8-3
2. A. Wicker/D. Trent (RICH) def D. Taqqart/S. Giovanilli (BRE) 8-0
3. Incomplete line-up
1. E. Dunbar (RICH) def J. Kloster (BRE) 6-0,6-0
2. J. Feder (RICH) def D. Taqqart (BRE) 6-1,6-1
3. P. Nahon (RICH) def S. Giovanilli (BRE)6-0,6-0
4. D. Trent (RICH) def. G. Finch (BRE) 6-0,6-0
5. A. Wicker (R def. R. Lien 6-0,6-0