DAYTON, Ohio/ CINCINATTI, Ohio- The men's tennis team split a pair of decision in the first two of three matches in the squad's three match Ohio road swing.
Jesse Feder went undefeated in singles play with a 7-5, 6-2 win over the Flyer's Andrew Hanley and a decisive 6-4, 6-1 win over Xavier's Mesa Mei. Feder is 9-5 at the No. 2 position in singles play.
In the match against Dayton the Spiders captured five singles points and the doubles point for the victory. The Spiders swept the three doubles matches to win the point. The dynamic duo of Ethan Dunbar and Paul Nahon III blanked Dayton at the No. 2 position.
Ethan Dunbar posted a 6-4, 6-4 win over Aidan Koross at the No. 1 position, while Jesse Feder held off Andrew Hanley 7-5, 6-2 at the No. 2 position. With a dominant performance at the No. 4 position Sebastien Fauchet took the point with a 6-1, 6-3 victory over Kyle Macdonald, while Dylan Trent defeated Colin Bernier 6-4, 6-1 at the No. 5 position.
Justin Baker competed in his second singles match of the season at the No. 6 position. Baker battled to three sets with Enzo Milano, where he won the point in a tight third set.
The Spiders trip through Ohio continued on Monday when they faced off against 11-2 Xavier. The Musketeers swept the doubles point despite Justin Baker and Dylan's Trent slim 9-8 loss at the No. 3 position.
Jesse Feder scored the Spider's only point on the day with a 7-5, 6-2 win at the No. 2 spot.
The Spiders fall to 7-7 overall and 2-3 in conference play.
Richmond finished the three-match road swing in Cincinnati where they will take on the St. Louis Billikens.
Richmond 6, Dayton 1
1. Feder/Fauchet def. Salcedoa/Koross 8-6
2. Dunbar/Nahon def. Macdonald/Malyon 8-0
3. Trent/Baker def. Hanley/Bernier 9-8
Dunbar def. Aidan Koross 6-4, 6-4
2. Jesse Feder def Andrew Hanley 7-5, 6-2
3. Josh Malyon def. Paul Nahon III 3-6, 7-5, 6-4
4. Sebastien Fauchet def. Kyle Macdonald 6-1, 6-3
5. Dylan Trent def. Colin Bernier 6-4, 6-1
6. Justin Baker def. Enzo Milano 4-6, 6-4, 10-8
Richmond 1, Xavier 6
1. Mei/Roebker vs Feder/Fauchet 4-6, Did Not Finish
2. Bandy/Diaz def .Dunbar/Nahon 8-4
3. Moe/Mueck def. Baker/Trent 8-2
1.Jimmy Roebker def. Ethan Dunbar 6-4 7-6(3)
2. Jesse Feder (RICH) def. Mesa Mei 6-3 6-4
3. Zach Mueck def. Paul Nahon 6-3 6-2
4. Brandon MacDonald def. Sebastien Fauchet 6-3 7-5
5. Adam Krull def. Dylan Trent 6-0 6-1
6. Freddy Abunku def. Justin Baker 6-4 6-2