CINCINATTI, Ohio- The men's tennis squad bounced back after losing the double's point to win 6-1 over the St. Louis Billikens on Wednesday in Cincinnati.
The Billikens started off the day winning the doubles point. In the No. 2 slot Ethan Dunbar and Paul Nahon were narrowly edged 9-8 by the duo of Joe Flanagan and Nishaad Balachadran.
The Spiders bounced back after losing the doubles point to sweep all six points in singles. Dunbar won 6-2, 6-1 at the No. 1 position while Feder won 6-2, 6-2 at the No. 2 position and Fauchet defeated Drew Feder 6-0, 7-5 at the No. 4 position.
Nahon played the Billiken's Joe Flanagan to three sets, winning 2-6, 6-1, 6-4 at the No. 3 position. Dylan Trent and Justin Baker both played tight three set matches and both won at the number five and number six position.
The Spiders are now 7-8 on the season and 3-3 in conference action.
The Spiders will be back in action for their first home match of the season on Friday against Coastal Carolina. The match is set to begin at 2 p.m.
RICHMOND 6, ST. LOUIS 1
- Patrick Kella/Luis Miguel Flores (SLU) def. Jesse Feder/Sebastien Fauchet (UR) 8-6
- Joe Flanagan/Nishaad Balachandran (SLU) def. Ethan Dunbar/Paul Nahon III (UR) 9-8
- Bobby Kidera/Drew Feder (SLU) vs. Dylan Trent/Justin Baker (UR) 4-7, unfinished
- Ethan Dunbar (UR) def. Bobby Kidera (SLU) 6-2, 6-1
- Jesse Feder (UR) def. Patrick Kella (SLU) 6-2, 6-2
- Paul Nahon III (UR) def. Joe Flanagan (SLU) 2-6, 6-1, 6-4
- Sebastien Fauchet (UR) def. Drew Feder (SLU) 6-0, 7-5
- Dylan Trent (UR) def. Luis Miguel Flores (SLU) 6-3, 4-6, 6-3
- Justin Baker (UR) def. Vuk Poledica (SLU) 7-6, 1-6, 10-7