"It was a hard fought match at all positions, everyone competed really well and I'm glad that the team managed to pull out the win in the end," said Trent.
The Spiders started off the day facing tough doubles competition. Ethan Dunbar and Paul Nahon won the Spiders lone doubles match in a tightly contested 8-6 win.
Richmond bounced back in singles with Ethan Dunbar and Jesse Feder earning points for the Spiders at the number one and number two positions.
Sebastien Fauchet came from behind to win the point in the four spot and tie the match at 3-3. The match was left in the hands of Trent. Trent fell behind 3-6 in the first set. In the second set he bounced back for a 6-4 win to go into the third set with the momentum. He definitively took the third set 6-2 to clinch the singles point and the match.
The Spider's match against Fordham scheduled for Sunday is postponed until April due to weather. The squad will be back in action at home on March 23 for a match against conference foe, George Washington. The doubles point is schedule to begin at 2:00 p.m.
Richmond 4 Coastal 3
1. Yedigarian/Di Pasquale def. Fauchet/Feder 8-3
2. Dunbar/Nahon III def. Christofides/Karle 8-6
3. Kusuda/Nilsson def. Trent/Baker 8-3
1. Ethan Dunbar def. Yusuke Kusuda , 6-3, 6-1
2. Jesse Feder def. Leo Christofides, 6-3, 6-1
3. Garik Yedigarian def. Paul Nahon III 6-2, 6-1
4. Sebastien Fauchet def. Ted Nilsson 4-6, 6-2, 6-2
5. Dylan Trent def. Matias Di Pasquale 3-6, 6-4,6-2
6. Hunter Whalen def. Justin Baker 7-6(2), 6-2