FARMVILLE, Va./ WILLIAMSBURG, Va. -The men’s tennis team split a pair road of matches with a win 4-0 against Longwood on Tuesday and a 6-1 loss to William and Mary on Wednesday.
In Spiders swept the doubles point against the Lancers with Ethan Dunbar and Sebastien Fauchet picked up an 8-5 win at the No. 1 position, while Jesse Feder and Paul Nahoon won 8-4 at the No. 2 slot. Justin Baker and Dylan Trent won their second consecutive doubles match with an 8-6 win at the No. 3 spot.
The Spiders went into the singles points against the Lancers with the momentum from doubles play. Jesse Feder won his first set 6-3 and then blanked his opponent 6-0.Fauchet won 6-2, 6-1 at the No.3 position, and Paul Nahon put together a pair of 6-2 victories to win the point.
The Spiders dropped a 6-1 decision against the Tribe of William and Mary on Wednesday. Ethan Dunbar picked up the Spider’s lone point with a 6-2, 6-2 victory.
The squad improved their record to 12-11.
Richmond 4, Longwood 0
- Fauchet/Dunbar (UR) def. Elston/Becker (LU) 8-5
- Feder/Nahon (UR) def. Khmiadeshuili/Kelleher (LU) 8-4
- Baker/Trent (UR) def. Johnson/Fudge (LU) 8-6
- Khmiadeshuili (LU) vs. Dunbar (UR) 2-6, 4-1 (Did not finish)
- Feder (UR) def. Elston (LU) 6-3, 6-0
- Fauchet (UR) def. Becker (LU) 6-2 6-1
- Nahon (UR) def. Kelleher (LU) 6-2, 6-2
- Johnson (LU) vs. Trent (UR) 7-5, 2-1 (Did not finish)
- Higgs (LU) vs. Baker (UR) 3-3 (Did not finish)
William and Mary 6, Richmond 1Doubles
- Chaffee/Andersson (W&M) def. Fauchet/Dunbar (UR) – 9-7
- Feder/Nahon (UR) def. Banks/Hoogland (W&M) – 8-6
- Guthrie/Huang (W&M) def. Trent/Baker (UR) – 8-3
Finishing Order: 3, 2, 1*
- Ethan Dunbar (UR) def. Will Juggins (W&M) – 6-2, 6-2
- Ben Guthrie (W&M) def. Jesse Feder (UR) – 7-5, 4-6, 10-5
- Ben Hoogland (W&M) def. Paul Nahon (UR) – 6-2, 6-0
- Adrian Vodislav (W&M) def. Sebastien Fauchet (UR) – 6-4, 6-4
- John Banks (W&M) def. Dylan Trent (UR) – 6-1, 6-4
- Scott Huang (W&M) def. Justin Baker (UR) – 6-0, 6-1
Finishing Order: 3, 6, 1, 5*, 2, 4