Chris Mooney (8th season)
19-15, 8-8 Atlantic 10
- Played in the postseason for the fifth time in the last six seasons, advancing to the quarterfinals of the College Basketball Invitational.
- Defeated No. 16 ranked VCU 86-74 in the Robins Center, the Spiders 8th win in the last 14 games against ranked teams.
- Richmond defeated Wake Forest for the third-straight year and has won 12 of its last 20 games against BCS Conference opponents.
- Just three of Richmond’s losses in 2012-13 came to teams outside the top-100 in the RPI. Richmond had four top-100 RPI wins and 10 of the Spiders’ 15 losses came by 10 points or less.
- Chris Mooney ended the season with 147 wins at Richmond, tied for fourth on Spiders’ career list for wins with H. Lester Hooker Jr.
- Senior Darien Brothers finished his career 22nd on Richmond’s all-time scoring list with 1,267 points. Brothers’ eight three-pointers in the win over Charlotte tied the school’s single-game record, his 84 three-pointers on the season rank four on the school’s single-season list and his 203 career three-pointers rank fifth at Richmond. He also finishes his career as the school’s leader in career free throw percentage (.846).
- Rising senior Cedrick Lindsay was the team’s second-leading scorer in 2012-13, averaging 12.0 points per game for the year, but finished the season on a tear, averaging 16.5 points per game in the last 11 games. He scored in double-figures in 11 of the last 15 games and had at least 19 points in 7 of the last 11 games and had at least 22 points in 4 of the last 8 games.
- Redshirt freshman Alonzo Nelson-Ododa blocked 62 shots, which ranks sixth on the Spiders’ single-season list.
- Kendall Anthony enters his junior season third on Richmond’s career list for three-point percentage.
All-Atlantic 10: Darien Brothers