CHARLESTON, S.C. – All season long, the University of Richmond men’s tennis team has talked about the depth of this year’s roster.
That depth was on full display on Saturday when nine different Spiders picked up singles victories to help Richmond sweep a doubleheader from The Citadel to wrap up its spring break trip.
Richmond won the first match 7-0 and the second match 6-1.
The two wins extend the Spiders’ program record win streak to 12 and improve their overall record to 13-2, another program best through 15 matches.
“Our guys did a good job battling some tough conditions with the wind and really fought against a Citadel team who is always going to be scrappy led by Coach Kriese,” Assistant Coach Jamie Morgan said. “It was a little bit of a different match with using a different scoring system in the second match, but we stayed focus and got the job done.”
“We’re on a roll and playing with a lot of confidence, we’re excited about the opportunity to play one of the country’s best teams in UVA this week,” Morgan added.
The Spiders are back in action on Thursday night when they travel to Charlottesville to take on #3 UVA. First serve is set for 6:30 p.m.
Richmond 7, The Citadel 0
1. Jacob Dunbar (UR) def. Mike Anzalone (CIT), 6-1, 6-2
2. Alexandre Felisa (UR) def. Matt Henson (CIT), 6-1, 6-4
3. Canyon Teague (UR) def. Will Vanzyl (CIT), 3-6, 6-4, 6-1
4. Jonathan Quenard (UR) def. Noah Nanabi (CIT), 7-5, 6-2
5. Brice Polender (UR) def. Roy Hobson (CIT), 6-2, 6-2
6. Matt Fernandez (UR) def. Trey Davis (CIT), 6-1, 6-3
1. Dunbar/Felisa (UR) def. Henson/Vanzyl (CIT), 6-0
2. Karlawish/Aronson (UR) def. Stolar/Anzalone (CIT), 6-4
3. Evans/Teague (UR) def. Grady/Nanabi (CIT), 6-1
Richmond 6, The Citadel 1
1. Jacob Dunbar (UR) def. Matt Henson (CIT), 6-1, 6-1
2. Caleb Troy (UR) def. Mike Anzalone (CIT), 6-4, 6-3
3. John Karlawish (UR) def. Will Vanzyl (CIT), 6-3, 7-6 (5)
4. Noah Nanabi (CIT) def. James Aronson (UR), 4-6, 6-0, 6-3
5. Klein Evans (UR) def. Roy Hobson (CIT), 4-6, 6-1, 6-1
6. Matt Fernandez (UR) def. Isaac Stolar (CIT), 6-0, 6-4
1. Quenard/Troy (UR) def. Anzalone/Stolar (CIT), 8-3
2. Aronson/Karlawish (UR) def. Vanzyl/Henson (CIT), 8-6
3. Teague/Fernandez (UR) def. Grady/Nanabi (CIT), 8-3