Head Coach: Allison Kwolek
Record: 14-6, 7-2 A-10 (T-2nd place)
Atlantic 10 Tournament: No. 3 Seed, 2-1 (2nd place)
• The team's 14 wins in 2017 tie for the second-most in program history (2007), and were two wins shy of tying the record of 16 set back in 2006.
• The Spiders finished regular-season conference play with a 7-2 record, tying for second with Saint Joseph's and George Mason. Based on a tie-breaker situation, UR earned the No. 3 seed in the 2017 Atlantic 10 Championship.
• The Spiders earned a spot in the A-10 Championship game for the fourth-straight year after taking down La Salle in the quarterfinals (13-11) and host Saint Joseph's in the semifinals (15-11). Kathleen Berkery, Kim Egizi, Sam Geiersbach, Megan Gianforte and Caroline Queally were all named to the A-10 All-Tournament Team.
• Seven student-athletes were honored by the Atlantic 10, with six earning All-Conference honors and two earning All-Academic Accolades
• Geiersbach became the second Spider in three years to be named the Atlantic 10 Rookie of the Year, following in the footsteps of Egizi, who did it in 2015.
• Egizi and Gianforte were named First Team All-Atlantic 10, while Geiersbach, Marissa Brown, Queally and Leslie Espenschied earned Second Team honors. Gianforte and Geiersbach were also named to the All-Rookie squad.
• Gianforte became the goalie to earn First Team honors since Jackie Swansburg did so back in 2007, and the first rookie to earn First Team honors wince 2006.
• Espenschied became just the third Spider to earn All-Academic accolades in two-consecutive years, while sophomore Aly Fries was also named to the team.
• The team had one of the most successful offensive seasons in program history, breaking the team records for single-season points (427), goals (281) and draw control wins (298). The Spiders nearly outscored their opponents by 100 goals this season, allowing just 188.
• Geiersbach finished the regular season with 85 points, a new single-season program record. The freshman scored a program-record 66 goals and added 19 assists to have the most successful rookie campaign in program history. She finished the season ranked 11th nationally in goals, 13th in goals per game and 19th in points.
• Brown logged 44 assists on the year to post a new single-season program record. The sophomore finished the season with three six-assist games, just barely missing the single-game mark of seven. She finished the season ranked 14th nationally in assists and 18th in assists per game.
• Gianforte had one of the most impressive seasons in the cage for the Spiders in recent history. The rookie logged the ninth-best save percentage in the country, stopping 49.9% of shots that she faced, and stopped the seventh-most shots nationally, finishing the season with 186 saves. Her goals against average of 9.48 ranked 17th nationally.
• Queally finished the season with a program record 103 draw controls, breaking her own record of 96 which she set last season. Queally and Egizi, who won 98, helped the team break the single-season team record for draw control wins and finish the season with 298.
• Geiersbach tied the program record with five Atlantic 10 Rookie of the Week honors throughout the season, while Gianforte set a new record with four Defensive Player of the Week honors. Espenschied was also honored as the Defensive Player of the Week once on the year.