ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT MISSION STATEMENT
The University of Richmond’s NCAA Division I Intercollegiate Athletics Program collaborates with the University community to educate, inspire, and enable student-athletes to achieve beyond even their own academic, athletic, and personal aspirations; represents the University with integrity, emphasizing equity, inclusiveness, and compliance; engenders a collective sense of pride in the institution; and provides the support necessary to compete successfully for conference championships and national recognition.
ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT VISION STATEMENT
We are nationally recognized for winning championships with student-athletes who achieve extraordinary accomplishments in all facets of life. Our vision is characterized by:
- An experience that makes the University of Richmond the first choice for exceptionally talented scholar athletes;
- Student-athletes and staff who are engaged in all aspects of University life and the greater Richmond community;
- An inclusive and innovative work place that is a preferred destination for talented coaches and staff;
- A campus culture that respects, supports, and enables student-athletes in achieving their goals and preparing them for a purposeful life beyond graduation;
- An Athletics Department that energizes and unifies the University community, cultivating campus pride and bringing global distinction to the University;
- An Athletics Department that contributes to the diversity and distinctiveness of the campus, both culturally and socially.
SPORTS MEDICINE VISION STATEMENT:
The University of Richmond Sports Medicine Department will provide a comprehensive and efficient health care delivery system for its Division I intercollegiate student-athlete population. We will strive to set the standard in healthcare for intercollegiate athletics on the national level. The Sports Medicine Department will provide the necessary support services to allow student-athletes, coaches, and teams to accomplish the mission of the University of Richmond and its Department of Athletics. Each University of Richmond student-athlete will feel their health and safety is the number one priority of the University Of Richmond Department Of Athletics.
SPORTS MEDICINE MISSION STATEMENT:
The Sports Medicine Department will support the mission, goals, and objectives of the University of Richmond and its Intercollegiate Athletic Programs. The mission of the University of Richmond Sports Medicine Department is to develop and maintain a health care delivery system that utilizes evidence based medicine to best serves the health care needs of its student-athletes, in a manner which is most efficient and cost effective. This health care delivery system will include all domains of health care.
The focus of the Certified Athletic Trainers will correspond to the National Athletic Trainers Association performance domains including:
1. The prevention of athletic injuries
2. The recognition, evaluation, and immediate care of athletic injuries
3. Rehabilitation and reconditioning of athletic injuries
4. Health care administration
5. Professional development and responsibility.
The Certified Athletic Trainer under the direction of the Team Physicians will coordinate the health and wellness for University of Richmond Student-Athletes.
The philosophy of the Sports Medicine Department is a direct reflection of the University of Richmond's commitment to excellence. The goals of the University of Richmond Sports Medicine Department are:
1. The health and safety of our student-athletes is our top priority. This includes physical, mental, and environmental considerations. It is our goal to have all the necessary "tools in the box" to provide the safest environment for our student- athletes to compete.
2. Substantially reduce the risk of athletic injury for those student-athletes in our service.
3. Enable student-athletes to return to their sport as soon as it is medically safe.
4. To provide exemplary customer service to our student-athletes and staff.
5. To build a bond of trust one student-athlete or staff member at time at a time.
Finally, the University of Richmond Sports Medicine Department strives to promote the profession of Athletic Training. This will be achieved through the constant education of students, parents, coaches, and other allied health care providers. We will also support involvement in the staff in professional organizations, meetings, research, and public relations.