Postgame Notes: Richmond 28, Villanova 17
- The victory against Villanova snapped a three-game losing streak versus the Wildcats and was the first in Villanova since October 28, 2000. (Richmond defeated Villanova, 28-18).
- The Spiders did not allow a sack against the Wildcats and have allowed just one all season - which is tied for the national FCS lead.
- Richmond has won its first two CAA conference games on the road for the first time since 2009.
- Richmond out-scored Villanova, 7-0, in the third quarter and have now outscored its opponents this season in the third stanza, 61-14.
- Richmond's 28-17 victory over Villanova Saturday was the Spiders' 10th in the series.
- DB Rodney Barnes blocked a punt for the first time since DB DeShawn Holmes blocked a punt on 10/22/11 vs. Maine.
- FB Kendall Gaskins 1-yd TD run was his sixth this season and 28th of his career.
- Gaskins' 28 career touchdowns rank fourth all-time.
- QB John Laub recorded a career-high 20 carries for a career-best 79 yards. Laub rushed for a game-long 14-yard gain. Laub also rushed for a touchdown.
- Laub threw for 19-of-34 for 233 yards and one touchdown.
- WR Stephen Barnette reeled in five catches for career-high 110 yards, marking his first career 100-yd game.
- The five catches for Barnette also matches his career high.
- DB Darryl Hamilton recorded his first interception of the season, third of his career.
- DL Evan Kelley registered a career-best 1.5 sacks.