- Richmond lost for just the sixth time since the start of the 2004 season after leading at halftime. The Spiders are now 56-6 when leading at the break since the start of the 2004 season and 7-1 under coach Rocco.
- With the setback, Richmond is now 3-3 in its last six contests against FBS opponents.
- Since the start of the 2007 season, Richmond is now 15-5 in non-conference, regular season games.
- Richmond lost leading receiver and preseason All-American WR Ben Edwards in the first quarter after he suffered a laceration to his head, requiring nine stitches.
- QB Michael Strauss set career highs in yards (300), attempts (45) and tied his career high in completions (29).
- TE Sam Roller’s 3-yard touchdown reception in the first quarter was the first TD of his career.
- Both Wright (2.5) and LB Aaron Roane (2.0) set career highs in tackles for loss.
- Roller finished the day with career highs in receptions (5) and yards (54).
- DB Reggie Barnette’s recovered fumble in the first quarter was a career first.
- DB Wayne Pettus’ forced fumble in the first quarter was the second of his career.
- P Joe Gulli, Jr. had a great day for Richmond, averaging 45.0 yards per punt on his six attempts with a long of 56 yards.