- With Saturday’s win over Albany, Richmond is now 3-0 under head coach Danny Rocco against teams they are facing for the first time. The Spiders defeated both Georgia State and Gardner-Webb in the first meetings against those teams last season.
- With Mylon Blueford’s interception in the fourth quarter, Richmond extended its streak of consecutive games with at least one pick to 19 games. Over that stretch, the Spiders have totaled 39 interceptions.
- The Spiders are 58-8 since the start of 2004 when leading at the half and are 8-3 under Coach Rocco.
- QB Michael Strauss completed 25-of-39 passes for 300 yards and a touchdown which bump him up to seventh all-time in career attempts (582), fifth in completions (373) and ninth in touchdowns thrown (24).
- WR Ben Edwards collected 83 yards off nine attempts now he ranks eighth in total career yards with 2,015 and fourth in career receptions with 191 on Richmond’s all-time list.
- WR Stephen Barnette’s day of 85 yards on seven catches now ranks fifth in career yards with 2,145 and ninth in total receptions with 142.
- FB Seth Fisher had a career day rushing for 89 yards on 18 carries and his first rushing touchdown.
- TE Hunter Westfall’s 27-yarder in the first quarter set a new career long.
- K Brandon Jordi’s 43-yard field goal at the end of the first quarter set a career long and he matched his career bests with five attempts and four field goals made which ties the Richmond single-game record with four FGs made.
- WR Rashad Ponder’s 30-yard catch for a touchdown is his second-straight game with a TD.
- QB David Broadus set a new rushing long with an 11-yard run.
- DB Mylon Blueford picked up his first career interception when he extended Richmond’s streak to 19 games in the fourth quarter.