The University of Richmond's Men's Tennis team fell to Longwood University, 4-3, and Coastal Carolina, 4-0 on Saturday.
The Spiders quickly earned the doubles point against Longwood University with Sebastien Fauchet and Jesse Feder defeating their opponent 8-4 while Paul Nahon III and Ethan Dunbar downed their competition, 8-2.
In singles play, junior Aaron Wicker defeated the Lancer's Edward Becker with a pair of 6-3 wins. Freshman Paul Nahon III downed Steed Johnson, 6-2, 6-2, to pick up the Spider's final point against Longwood.
The Spiders then faced Coastal Carolina University. Despite their best efforts, Richmond was not able to close the gap after dropping the doubles point. The Chanticleers shut out the Spiders, 4-0.
The Spiders are now 4-6. Richmond will return to action on February 25 for their first home match against UMBC.
Longwood 4, Richmond 3
1. Fauchet/ Feder (UR) def. Kelleher/ Elston (LU) 8-4
2. Khmiadashvili/ Tanaka (LU) def. Wicker/ Trent (UR) 8-3
3. Nahon III/ Dunbar (UR) def. Johnson/ Becker (LU) 8-2
1.Nobu Tanaka (LU) def. Ethan Dunbar (UR), 6-7 (3-7), 7-5, 6-2
2.Giorgi Khmiadashvili (LU) def. Sebastien Fauchet (UR), 3-6, 7-6 (7-5), 6-4
3.Daniel Elston (LU) def. Jesse Feder (UR), 6-4, 7-6 (7-4
4.Aaron Wicker (UR) def. Edward Becker (LU), 6-3, 6-3
5.Harry Kelleher (LU) def. Dylan Trent (UR), 6-0, 3-6, 7-6 (8-6)
6.Paul Nahon III (UR) def. Steed Johnson (LU), 6-2, 6-2
Coastal Carolina 4, Richmond 0
1. Kusuda/ Di Pasquale (CCU) def. Fauchet/ Feder (UR), 8-2
2. Heidecker/ Yedigarian (CCU) def. Trent/Wicker (UR), 6-2
3. Karle/ Barr (CCU) def. Nahon III/ Schrode (UR), 8-5
1. Jesse Feder (UR) vs. Danny Heidecker (CCU), no result
2. Leo Christofieds (CCU) def. Aaron Wicker (UR), 6-1, 6-1
3. Dylan Trent (UR) vs. Yusuke Kusuda (CCU), no result
4. Paul Nahon III (UR) vs. Matias Pasquale (CCU), no result
5. Sam Barr (CCU) def. Justin Baker (UR), 6-2, 7-6
6. Garik Yedigarian (CCU) def Pablo Arana de Uriat (UR), 6-4, 6-1