CINCINNATI, Ohio - Richmond plays at Xavier on Saturday at 8 p.m. in a game nationally televised on ESPN2.
- It appears Richmond's defense, that led to so much success over the previous 4 seasons, has returned. The Spiders played a gritty game at second-place Saint Louis on Feb. 14, trailing by just 3 with under five minutes to go before the Billkens broke 60 points with the Spiders fouling in the final minute. In Richmond's last 2 games, the Spiders have held Charlotte to 52 points and Saint Joseph's to 49 points. Going into the season, this is what was expected of the Spiders, a team that would struggle offensively after graduating 5,737 career points, but would be tough on defense. Instead the Spiders scored points for most of the season, but did not defend as well as expected.
- The Spiders have faired well against the top of the conference, leading by 19 in a win over 1st-place Temple and trailing by just 3 with under 5 minutes to play at Saint Louis last Wednesday, despite shooting 1-of-15 from 3. Richmond also defeated La Salle and Saint Joseph's when they were in the top-4 in the standings.
- Richmond and Xavier have split the last 4 meetings. The Musketeers knocked off the No. 23 ranked Spiders 78-76 in double-OT in Richmond's last visit to Cintas Center. on Feb. 28, 2010. The Spiders have handed Xavier 2 of just 11 losses to A-10 teams and 21 overall losses in 12 seasons playing in Cintas Center.
- While the inexperienced Spiders have not faired as well on the road this season, Richmond is 24-15 on the road in conference play over the last 5 seasons (2007-08-present). Xavier and Temple both have 26 A-10 road wins over the last 5 seasons, but no other A-10 team has a winning road record over the last 5 seasons.
- Richmond finished the last two seasons 13-3 in A-10 play and the Spiders are 39-15 in the last 54 games against A-10 teams. The Spiders are 34-14 in the last 48 A-10 regular season games.
- The Spiders graduated 5,737 career points after back-to-back NCAA Tournament and Top-25 finishes. Richmond has finished in the top-5 in the A-10 standings in each of the previous 4 seasons.