UNIVERSITY OF RICHMOND, Va. -- Richmond looks for its 20th win when it plays at Longwood Monday night at 7 p.m.
- Richmond won its eight-straight and completed its fourth sweep of GW, 63-51, Saturday afternoon in D.C. Richmond improves to 19-5, 7-3, while the Colonials fall 11-13, 4-6. The Spiders won their fourth in a row.
- Richmond dished 21 assists (one shy of tying its season-high) and outrebounded GW, 39-25. Richmond shot 7-for-13 from long range (53.8%) and 26-of-57 (45.6%) for the game. Four Spiders scored in double-figures, led by Rachael Bilney's 15 points. Bilney, who previously torched the Colonials with 32 points in the series' last meeting, hit 3-of-6 from long range, grabbed six rebounds and had four assists. Wann followed with 12, Abby Oliver with 11 and Genevieve Okoro tallied 10 off the bench.
- The 19-5 mark is Richmond's best record since 2004-05, the last year the program went to the NCAA Tournament.
- Freshman Liz Brown garnered Atlantic 10 Rookie of the Week honors Feb. 6 after averaging a double-double in a 2-0 week for Richmond. The Cockeysville, Md. native averaged 10.5 points and 12.0 rebounds in wins over Rhode Island and Saint Joseph's. Brown scored 10 points and grabbed 15 rebounds against Rhody, while pouring in 11 points and corralling nine boards against Saint Joseph's.
- Brown's 15 rebounds against the Rams was a Richmond season-high and the most by a Spider since Genevieve Okoro grabbed 16 rebounds last February. Brown is the second freshman to garner All-Rookie accolades, as Keri Soppe was named Rookie of the Week in December.
- Abby Oliver, the nation's top free-throw shooter, is 79-of-83 this season for 95 percent accuracy. Oliver had her best performance at the line against Liberty, where she went 10-for-10. Oliver is second behind Genevieve Okoro in made free throws this season. (Okoro has 82).
- Oliver is eighth all-time in scoring with 1,368 points and is seventh in career three-pointers made (141). Oliver has played in 119 games as a Spider, 10th all-time for games played at Richmond.
- Richmond plays Longwood in its last nonconference game of the season. The Spiders own a 12-2 mark in nonconference play, its best record since 2004-05. Richmond owns a 21-12 edge all-time against the Lancers and have won five in a row in the series.
- Richmond comes into Monday's contest having won four straight, while the Lancers have dropped four in a row. Richmond is led by Abby Oliver's 16.8 ppg. Rachael Bilney chips in with 11.8 ppg while Genevieve Okoro adds 11.3 ppg and a team-leading 7.1 rpg.
- Longwood is led in scoring by Brittany Billups' 10.7 ppg. Crystal Smith follows with 10.4 ppg, while Erin Neal adds 9.7 ppg.
Up Next:• After Monday, Richmond returns to conference action at Xavier Wednesday, Feb. 15 at 7:00 p.m. Richmond has dropped eight in a row to the Musketeers and looks for its first win against XU since Feb. 6, 2005.