The University of Richmond welcomes you to the second season of Richmond football on campus at Robins Stadium. All Department of Athletics staff as well as the entire university community, are available to assist your needs on Gameday. In addition, Game Operations Staff and Law Enforcement Officers will work closely with the Department of Athletics to making your trip to our beautiful campus a memorable one.
Individuals attending events at the University of Richmond are expected to conduct themselves in a manner respectful of the nature and character of the University. Persons acting in a disruptive, disrespectful or disorderly manner may be asked to leave the premises or be subject to citation under applicable local and state laws. Students may also be charged with a violation of the Code of Student Conduct.
Tailgating - By Definition
Tailgating is defined as parking in a designated location/area and/or setting up non-permanent facilities, such as tents and tables, to consume food and beverages prior to an athletic event. Alcohol for those individuals of legal age may be permitted in licensed areas. Tailgating items such as tents, tables, grills, etc. must be confined to the space in which your vehicle is parked and may not occupy another parking space, and/or may not block roadways.
• Tailgating with food and non-alcoholic beverages may be enjoyed on all areas of campus. Possession and consumption of alcoholic beverages while tailgating is permitted only in Lots B3 and B5 adjacent to Robins Stadium.
• Parking lots and tailgating sites will open four hours before the official beginning of the event.
• Tailgating is limited to the space in which your vehicle is parked. Roadways cannot be blocked for any reason and more than one parking spot cannot be used.
• Vehicles (including motor homes) will NOT be permitted to park in campus parking lots the night before an event.
• Tailgating is not permitted during the event and all lots need to be cleared within an hour after the conclusion of the game (except when a post-game event has been scheduled through the University Services/Events Office).
• Please, NO: Animals; household furniture including, but not limited to, sofas, loveseats, and reclining chairs; bikes, scooters, skateboards, or roller blades.
• For guests that would like to inquire about information to have a Gameday event or tailgate, such as outside groups or visiting team events, please contact Liz McCann at University of Richmond Event Services. Space is extremely limited on Football Gamedays, so please call 804-289-8160 or email email@example.com for any potential reservations.
Consumption of Alcohol
• Consumption of alcohol outside designated areas and/or time periods constitutes a violation of the University of Richmond Tailgating Policy. Violations are subject to prosecution under the University of Richmond Code of Student Conduct, and state and local law.
• Possession and consumption of alcoholic beverages while tailgating is permitted in non-glass containers by persons of legal age only in Lots B3 and B5 adjacent to Robins Stadium.
• Kegs and other similar containers are not permitted.
• Drinking games and the use of devices intended to accelerate the consumption of alcohol are prohibited.
• Any participant who consumes alcohol beverages at such events must be able to produce a valid driver's license or other photo identification that indicates the person's age upon request.
• Consumption of alcoholic beverages on any other part of campus or on public streets that run through or are adjacent to campus is prohibited.
• THE UNIVERSITY OF RICHMOND DOES NOT SANCTION THE CONSUMPTION OR POSSESSION OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES BY UNDERAGE PERSONS; NOR DOES IT SANCTION THE VIOLATION OF FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL LAW.